Services We Provide
We are a non-profit program providing small business loans, business training and support and savings services to low-income aspiring business owners in Greater Des Moines, Iowa.
LOAN & Financial Services
- Small business loans to peer-lending groups
- Members participate in groups, but receive individual loans
- Savings account at a local bank, with no monthly service fee
Business Support & Training
- Leadership and empowerment training
- Weekly support and meetings with a Solidarity mentor
- Connections to trusted community resources
Under the Grameen peer-lending model, borrowers form groups of 5 trusted individuals in their community. Each borrower receives their own loan to start their own business. Groups meet weekly to make a small repayment on their loans, contribute a small amount to their savings account, and support each others' businesses. Our loans are 6-month loans with the opportunity for borrowers to apply for higher loan amounts after continuous and successful participation in the program.